Passports with Purpose (www.PassportswithPurpose.org) Twitter: #PwP
- Passports with purpose relies on a global network of travelbloggers, sponsors, public relations professionals, travel service and product providers, media, and the generosity of hundreds of donors who make small donations that add up to a significant combined total — enough to build schools, homes, libraries, and more.
- Over 3 Billion of the World’s 6.9 Billion People are Under the Age of 30
- Present in over 110 countries and territories and with over 60,000 members, AIESEC is the world’s largest student-run organisation.
- In the 2000′s, the organisation saw a steady increase in exchange performance with over 5000 students sent on internship in 2008.
- Focused on providing a platform for youth leadership development, AIESEC offers young people the opportunity to be global citizens, to change the world, and to get experience and skills that matter today.
- We currently have over 945,000 alumni.
Room to Read (www.roomtoread.org)
- Problem - Over 300 million children around the world do not have access to education and most likely will never learn to read or write.
- Over 6 million children have benefitted from Room to Read’s programs over the past ten years.
- We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world.
- Operations in our program countries are run entirely by local staff who are familiar with the local challenges, customs and languages.
- We currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Zambia
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world. Learn more about how it works.
Since Kiva was founded in 2005:
- 754,040 Kiva lenders
- $305 million in loans
- 98.93% Repayment rate
We work with:
- 142 Field Partners
- 450 volunteers around the world
- 59 different countries